Horizontal position of gridview not repositioning on browser resize in ie7

Sep 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • Not sure if anybody can help me. The portal has an issue with it.   

The issue is the grid view within the listings page within ie7. On page load, on the employee listings page, the grid view (which sits within an update panel) loads fine and renders.  The paging mechanism works OK. 

If I re size the browser, the grid view horizontal position stays where it is.  The update panel border and paging controls move with the re size horizontally and vertically, but the contents of the grid view do not.  Pressing F5 does fix the problem but if this is the case I might as well take the AJAX update panel out of the code.

As previously mentioned this happens only on ie7.  All other ie versions above this and other browsers do not seem to have this problem.

Can anyone provide a solution as it would be nice to know what is going on with ie7?  I know that binding the css to the row created or data bound events may fix this but it seems like a lot of work just for ie7.  Does anyone know of a workaround or can explain why ie7 is rendering the update panel grid view contents differently than the other browsers?

Cheers,