This project is read-only.

Any chance you guys can make a video runthrough?

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

To give a overview of the different parts and when to use them ?

I am in the middle of trying to convince the people at my company to stop Xcopying things and doing things like its 2002 and use some of the new vs2010 features...

its very hard ..but if you all put together a good summary video I could force (beg) them to watch it and start to realize that there are better ways to do these things..

So aspects like the LAYER diagram I am not sure how to use .. is it overkill for a small project?  And beyond simple unit testing I really get confused...  The UI testing blew me away watching how its all automated.. But there is alot of confusion how we would beging to use it..  How it integrates with TFS 2010 and Test manager 2010.. I want to be able to explain the basics and be able to demo something.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Edited Mar 29, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Video tutorial is not yet planned, however if you need any quick guidance, you can post it here.

Regarding Layer Diagram, yes it's extremely simple to use and can use it in small projects. You can have a look here. Regarding UI test, can you be specific about your confusion?

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM

The problem at work is I am trying to convince everyone to use vs2010/tfs2010 and use the coded ui testing.. and lab manager 2010..

Right now they do no testing and manually do UI testing (Write something in word and do it over and over)... And some external program for bug fixes (not TFS)

My confusion is where to start as far as putting together a small demo of what web tests/unit tests ...  Do I need VS + TFS for UI tests?? Or just VS2010?  How does lab manager come into play? What exactly does the tester use? Does the tester put bugs into TFS directly? Or the Sharepoint site TFS makes?? Or lab manager?

I don't have any real specific question.. Just trying to figure out how to push some modern testing methods onto the programming team.

I need a good argument to why we should move from TFS 2005 to TFS 2010... So if I can demonstrate something that is TFS 2010 only and its impressive.. that would help.. Im just confused