Links to documentation, walkthroughs and tutorials

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:48 PM
I'm going to skip most of the raving about how wonderful this project is and how it's a treasure trove of value and get right to my question.

I dropped into the Source Code and found the Code Lab branch. I can't easily tell what the intent behind those projects are. Yes, there are titles but I can't figure out for myself what and where I can make use of the examples.

This is just part of an overall issue I have with the documentation of the project. I'm not well enough versed in the general concepts to figure it all out. So, what am I asking for?

A couple of things:

First, I'd like to see links to tutorials and walkthroughs where the Eisk is used. I haven't found much yet. Second to that I'd like to see short write-ups on the intent behind things like the various projects in the Code Lab and the main solution on it's own. I can do some write-ups but someone on the project will need to decide where they're going to go where they can be found and to also verify the content.

I'm working on a couple of walkthroughs I plan on using for brown bags at work. The first of which is how to tweak the TestDataHelper to use multiple input files. That's a prerequisite to refactoring the DatabaseContextInitializer to enable migrations instead of using DropCreateDatabaseIfModelChanges. I'll continue with explanations of the unit testing and adding logging. I'll make the effort to write those up and post them if there can be some kind of linking from this site to them.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Hi mkbutler,

Thank you so much for the message. EISK has few releases each of those, focused on demonstrating different technology and versions. You'll get all of them listed (along with individual documentation for each released under "DOWNLOADS" tab (https://eisk.codeplex.com/releases/), which are contents and sources for public usage. However "SOURCE CODE" tab includes in-progress and/or experimental codes which may not be usable in the first place and thus not recommended.

For response/clarification to any specific release, please provide the version number as specified in the release.

Thanks again for your message.